11 Celebrities With Lyme Disease - Everyday Health

In her Netflix documentary Not Just a Girl, country music legend Shania Twain opened up about her frightening bout with Lyme disease, which happened while she was touring in the early 2000s and impacted her vocal cords and ability to sing.

"I was horseback riding, and I was bit by a tick. The tick was infected with Lyme disease," Twain said. "My symptoms were quite scary, because before I was diagnosed, I was on stage very dizzy, I was losing my balance, I was afraid I was going to fall off the stage. I was having these very, very millisecond blackouts, but regularly — every minute or every 30 seconds," said Twain, according to Today.

In a 2020 interview on the British talk show Loose Women, Twain said it took seven years for doctors to realize that the changes to her voice were due to nerve damage to her vocal cords that was caused by Lyme disease.

"Our voices are such a huge part of our self-expression, and for a vocalist it's devastating in so many ways," she shared. "Until I got to the bottom of why I was having a problem with my voice, there wasn't much I could do about it, and it took a long time. Thankfully I persevered, and I am making records again and putting on concerts."

Adblock test (Why?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does herpes look like: Pictures, treatment, and prevention - Medical News Today